After the long winter has finally come to an end and the weather is starting to heat up, you’ll likely start using your air conditioner regularly. However, when your air conditioner hasn’t been used in a few months, it needs to have maintenance performed. AC tune ups will catch any minor issues before they grow and will ensure that your system is ready for the long months of usage ahead.
Air Conditioning Tune Up in Cincinnati, OH
The Benefits of AC Maintenance
Improved Energy Efficiency
Air conditioning maintenance will greatly improve the overall energy efficiency of your unit. This will ensure that you’re using as little energy as possible to provide your home with cool air.
Lower Energy Bills
You will see improved energy efficiency, which will lead to lower overall energy bills. After having regular air conditioner tune ups performed, operating your system will be cheaper and more efficient than before.
Better AC Performance
If you’ve noticed that your air conditioner isn’t performing as well as it used to, routine maintenance can help. Any minor issues will be fixed, and, if any other issues are present, AC repair can then be performed by a heating and air conditioning technician to help your air conditioner run better than before.
Longer Service Life
Air conditioners typically last 10-15 years. However, you can help your air conditioner last as long as possible by having maintenance performed regularly by a heating and cooling professional. Typically, maintenance should be performed at both the beginning and end of the cooling season.
Regular maintenance fixes small issues before they grow. When smaller issues are left unattended, they can grow to become large issues that lead to a complete system breakdown. With regular maintenance, the chance of a breakdown is reduced significantly.
What’s Included in an Air Conditioning System Tune Up?
The air conditioning tune up process can vary depending on the company performing the service, as well as the type of AC system that is receiving the maintenance. However, the following processes are typically performed during AC system maintenance:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant
- Test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector
- Capture any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of illegally releasing it into the atmosphere
- Check for and seal duct leakage in central systems
- Measure airflow through the evaporator coil
- Verify the correct electric control sequence, and make sure that the heating and cooling system cannot operate simultaneously
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections, and apply a non-conductive coating if necessary
- Oil motors, and check belts for tightness and wear
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
Benefits of Enrolling in Our Nelson Comfort Care Plan
Nelson Comfort’s Care Plan was designed to give customers the regular maintenance that their HVAC system needs to help it operate at its highest level. Members of Nelson Comfort’s Care Plan receive benefits including:
- Two yearly maintenance appointments
- Access to the best technology and parts
- Increased effectiveness and efficiency
- Repairing minor issues before they become more serious
Contact Nelson Comfort Today for Your Home’s Cooling Needs
Air conditioning tune up services are necessary to help your air conditioner operate properly and to last as long as possible. To give your air conditioner the regular maintenance that it requires, get in contact with us today. Our heating, cooling and indoor air quality professionals have decades of experience in providing high-quality AC tune up services.