Should I replace my furnace or repair my furnace?
Colder temperatures have come and gone in Cincinnati. Let’s be honest, they’ll probably come back again even though tomorrow marks the first day of Spring. If you are met with furnace problems this season, you may need to decide which is the better choice for your heating needs: repairing your furnace or replacing it? Even though Spring is here, now might be the time to replace your furnace. Replacing or repairing your furnace can be a difficult decision to make, read below to find out more on which option will work best for you.
Repair furnace vs. replace furnace
This can be an expensive decision no matter which way you go. If you choose to replace your broken furnace, you may be faced with the larger upfront costs of purchasing new equipment. On the other hand, if you choose to repair it, you may be pouring money into a furnace that’s going to need replacement soon anyhow.
Only you can decide which approach is best for your situation, but below are some tips to help you make an informed decision.
Consider repairing your furnace if…
• Your furnace is under 10 years old and has been well-maintained.
• You still have applicable warranty protection for the furnace issues you are experiencing.
• The cost of repairs is less than a third of the cost of a new system.
• Your furnace is still efficiently heating your home or business.
Consider replacing your furnace if…
• Your furnace is around 10 to 15 years old but has been poorly maintained.
• Your system is 15 or more years old.
• You have had to repair your furnace often over the last few heating seasons.
• Repairs will cost more than one-third of the price of a new heating system.
• Your current system is not sized properly for your home or business.
Nelson Comfort strives to assist our customers in making affordable and smart choices for their homes and businesses. If you are having trouble deciding whether or not furnace repair or furnace replacement is best for you, give us a call. We’ll give you an honest estimate of the cost to fix your current system, and give you the pros and cons of repair or replacement so you can make the best choice for your situation.
Nelson Comfort is available to assist you in making needed repairs to your furnace or by helping you choose the best furnace upgrade for your situation. Contact Us today to learn more.
About The Author
Dan Detmer is the owner of Nelson Comfort. Dan was born into the heating and cooling industry, coming from a family of well respected HVAC contractors in Dayton, Ohio. After working in the family business, Dan decided to work for a local HVAC wholesale business helping local contractors grow their business. When he felt his heart moving him back into the residential and light commercial business, Dan joined the Mortimer Heating & Cooling team in Cincinnati, where he had called home and become part of the community for several years. After a short period of time Dan purchased the company and created what is today, Nelson Comfort. Today he operates a company based on integrity, honesty, and stellar customer service. If you have any questions feel free to tweet (at sign) NelsonComfort and we will get right back with you!
Why Choose Nelson Comfort?
Industry-Leading Expertise Backed by a Customer-First Mindset
We believe that how we treat our customers makes all the difference. When you call on our friendly professionals for world-class heating, cooling, or indoor air quality services, you will be treated with the utmost respect. You can always count on:
- Superior customer service.
- Safety and comfort in your home.
- Industry-leading products
- Knowledgeable technicians
- Clear and transparent pricing
- 100% satisfaction guarantee on all work
- 24/7 emergency service