Keeping Air Ducts Clean in Cincinnati, Ohio
Homeowners in Cincinnati, Ohio, should be aware of the problems that dirty air ducts can cause within their homes. With proper maintenance to keep air ducts clean, homeowners can breathe healthier, increase energy efficiency, and save money.
Importance of Cleaning Air Ducts
Over the course of a year, your air ducts can become littered with debris, dirt, dust, and other contaminants that can affect your HVAC unit’s efficiency. There are many things that can obstruct your air ducts, including:
- Pet dander and hair
- Smoke from cigarettes or cigars
- Mold or mildew from a buildup of condensation
- Dirt and debris from home renovations or remodeling
Preventing Poor Indoor Air Quality
The best to ensure you have good indoor air quality is to make sure your air ducts are cleaned regularly each year. Preventative maintenance is your best course of action when dealing with air duct contamination. Here are a few suggestions to keep your air ducts clean:
- Use high efficiency air filters
- Change filters on a regular basis to prevent clogging or dirt from the filter to circulate through your vents
- If filters seem to clog or get dirty frequently then you should change your filter more often
- Have your evaporator coils cleaned by a NATE-certified professional from Nelson Comfort
- Dust and vacuum regularly
- If there is a humidifier with your heating system, then have it serviced regularly to prevent condensation from building up and creating mold
Benefits of Clean Air Ducts
Still unsure about the importance of cleaning your air ducts? Let’s examine the benefits you will notice from cleaner air ducts. You will notice an increase in your energy savings when your air ducts are clean. Dirty ducts make your whole heating and cooling system operate harder in order to maintain consistent temperatures. Unpleasant odors and smells are also eliminated when air ducts are cleaned. You will also notice more consistent temperatures and smoother airflow with cleaner ducts.
If you are ready to take the next step in improving your indoor air quality, cleaning your air ducts is the best choice! Call Nelson Comfort today and schedule to have your air ducts cleaned by one of our NATE-certified technicians.
About The Author
Dan Detmer is the owner of Nelson Comfort. Dan was born into the heating and cooling industry, coming from a family of well respected HVAC contractors in Dayton, Ohio. After working in the family business, Dan decided to work for a local HVAC wholesale business helping local contractors grow their business. When he felt his heart moving him back into the residential and light commercial business, Dan joined the Mortimer Heating & Cooling team in Cincinnati, where he had called home and become part of the community for several years. After a short period of time Dan purchased the company and created what is today, Nelson Comfort. Today he operates a company based on integrity, honesty, and stellar customer service. If you have any questions feel free to tweet (at sign) NelsonComfort and we will get right back with you!
Why Choose Nelson Comfort?
Industry-Leading Expertise Backed by a Customer-First Mindset
We believe that how we treat our customers makes all the difference. When you call on our friendly professionals for world-class heating, cooling, or indoor air quality services, you will be treated with the utmost respect. You can always count on:
- Superior customer service.
- Safety and comfort in your home.
- Industry-leading products
- Knowledgeable technicians
- Clear and transparent pricing
- 100% satisfaction guarantee on all work
- 24/7 emergency service