5 Questions To Ask Your Local HVAC Contractor
There are many HVAC contractors competing for your business; with so many to choose from, how are you to decide which one to hire? It’s important to find a reliable contractor with the right expertise for your project. As you search for a company to hire, here are five questions you should be asking your local HVAC contractors.
1. Are you NATE-certified?NATE-certified HVAC contractors have undergone independent certification for the benefit of their customers, and have passed rigorous industry testing to verify their knowledge. Hiring an HVAC contractor who employs NATE-certified technicians will offer superior service, installation, and maintenance for your heating and cooling systems. Also, ask about other company credentials, such as state or local licensing.
2. What’s your warranty?A good warranty can save you a pretty penny on repairs down the road. Ask about manufacturer warranties for any equipment you’re purchasing, as well as the HVAC contractor’s terms for their labor warranty.
3. What’s the price?Look for a contractor who will provide you with an itemized quote for your project. This will give you a clear picture of the costs so you won’t be surprised when the bill comes. With a detailed estimate, you’ll also be able to accurately compare quotes from different HVAC contractors, so you’ll know exactly what each one includes.
4. How do I care for this equipment?Ask your contractor about any necessary maintenance that is required for the upkeep of your new equipment. You’ll want to know how frequently filters need changed, when to schedule maintenance, and any other details which will help you keep your HVAC equipment in top shape.
5. Why do you recommend this equipment?Any HVAC contractor should be able to back up their equipment recommendation. Ask how they determined the appropriate system size for your home, and how the recommended equipment meets your needs, in terms of features and efficiency.
Nelson Comfort would be happy to answer any questions you have — contact us today to discuss your upcoming HVAC project.
About The Author
Dan Detmer is the owner of Nelson Comfort. Dan was born into the heating and cooling industry, coming from a family of well respected HVAC contractors in Dayton, Ohio. After working in the family business, Dan decided to work for a local HVAC wholesale business helping local contractors grow their business. When he felt his heart moving him back into the residential and light commercial business, Dan joined the Mortimer Heating & Cooling team in Cincinnati, where he had called home and become part of the community for several years. After a short period of time Dan purchased the company and created what is today, Nelson Comfort. Today he operates a company based on integrity, honesty, and stellar customer service. If you have any questions feel free to tweet (at sign) NelsonComfort and we will get right back with you!
Why Choose Nelson Comfort?
Industry-Leading Expertise Backed by a Customer-First Mindset
We believe that how we treat our customers makes all the difference. When you call on our friendly professionals for world-class heating, cooling, or indoor air quality services, you will be treated with the utmost respect. You can always count on:
- Superior customer service.
- Safety and comfort in your home.
- Industry-leading products
- Knowledgeable technicians
- Clear and transparent pricing
- 100% satisfaction guarantee on all work
- 24/7 emergency service